Thursday, July 2, 2009

I Survived

Monday night I watched (for the first time) a program called “I Survived”. There were three stories: a lady held hostage in a gas station for 18 hours or more, a man attacked by a mountain lion, and two ladies randomly shot while driving down the highway.

The stories were told by the survivors themselves, not a narrator. The program was compelling, but jumping from story to story was very annoying. Do they think we’ll lose interest if they tell a whole story all the way through? If that’s the case, they better do away with commercial breaks.

1 comment:

Christy said...

I COMPLETELY agree. That's my one complaint about that show. As soon as they get to an interesting part, they switch stories. Then, when they get back to the first story, they spend 30 seconds recapping (with subtitles) what they said before.

That aside, I'm hooked on that show!